The mostly we buying the car, some of us will pass to our car sales-man agent/person to handle the choosing registered car-plate number, however we can actually go to Malaysia Vehicle Website (JPJ) & check the car-plate number still valid or not and how much is the cost of bidding/buying.
5 TIPS to Know Buying Car-plate number in JPJ Malaysia:-
- RM210 is mostly for the number that opens on that day, which means WSS 7***, if u wan a later number, like WSS 8*** or 9***, it may costs RM310
- For tender number, u can extend up to max 6 months. For buying number, u can extend up to max 3 months.
- JPJ won't choose who to give, they will give the number to the person who tender the number at the highest price (for example I pay RM10000 for WK1, you pay RM5k, then I will win the number)
- Bring booking receipt and photo-state I/C before your come, prepare a list of number, also remember give the proof of purchase to car sales agent.
- You can also go http://www.jpj.gov.my to check your car-plate registration status.
Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan
Aras 1-5 , Blok D4 , Kompleks D,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
62620 WP Putrajaya